Monday, October 14, 2013

Just watched Gravity

So, I caught the upcoming Oscar hopeful and fantastically reviewed space thriller 'Gravity' this weekend and I have to say, I was blown away by the special effects. Not to dwell on a point that has been dissected every which way by other 'Professionals' but I have to say, that the movie looked stunning. The only movie that made the post 3D headache worth it.

Not to be too cliche, but it was like I was there, literally floating in space. It was breathtaking and terrifying at the same time. Which is exactly what I was hoping to experience from 'Gravity', and I have to say it did not disappoint.

The George Clooney shoutout to the Ganges was a nice touch, (George saying that the sun hitting the Ganges was one of the most beautiful sights he had ever seen made me beam with pride. Now, I have to say, (I know I'm over using I have to say, but please bear with me), the movie was far from perfect.

Here are a few nitpicky gripes I have with the otherwise excellent movie 'Gravity':

Spoiler alert

1. YOU CANNOT CRY IN SPACE. In microgravity, says astronaut Chris Hadfield, "your eyes make tears but they stick as a liquid ball." As told to TheAtlantic. Your tears sure as hell won't float like 3D globules through the air. 

2. Sandra Bullock performs a Wall-E maneuver, she literally flies through space using a fire extinguisher. Just like Wall-E does in the movie Wall-E.

I have more, but I'm just going to stick with these two gripes for the time being. anyway, catch the movie, it's awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment